What is Swing Bed Care?
Swing Bed is a Medicare-certified skilled nursing program that provides patients with short-term rehabilitative therapy. In many cases patients, who are not ready to return home after a hospital stay, need more time to strengthen and heal before they can step back into the routine of independent living.
Who Needs Swing Bed Care?
- Patients needing continued wound care.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation after hip/knee surgery
- Stroke rehabilitation –non-acute
- Pneumonia, Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), COPD and other conditions that meet criteria for skilled nursing
- To Heal and Strengthen after a surgical procedure or hospital stay.
- IV Therapy/ Antibiotics
Who Pays for Swing Bed Care?
Medicare PART A pays for Swing Bed/ Skilled Nursing, as does Medicaid and most insurance companies. Health policies differ, so our admission coordinator will verify coverage for this benefit.
The Swing Bed TEAM?
The Swing Bed program offers the benefit of Holdenville General Hospital’s highly skilled health care professionals. As a team, they follow the care plan specific to the patients to achieve and maintain the optimum level of independent functioning.
Our TEAM consists of:
- The Admitting PHYSICIAN and NP Hospitalist
- Case Manager
- Activities Coordinator
- Physical, Occupational and Respiratory Therapy
Why Choose Holdenville General Hospital?
- Medical and physical Rehabilitation Services
- Lab, X-Ray, and Wound Care & IV Therapy
- Primary Care Physicians for weekly visits
- In-house 24– hours Emergency Services
- RN managed care around the clock.